One way to hit a home run for your kids is by stepping up to the breakfast plate with delicious baseball pancakes. This breakfast is the perfect combo to help kids fuel up with protein in the morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 strips low-sodium turkey bacon (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry syrup (optional)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix egg, milk and vanilla separately. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk gently until just combined.
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat and grease lightly with cooking spray.
- Using 1/3-cup measuring cup for each pancake, pour batter onto pan. Cook until bubbles form and edges start to look dry then flip and cook another 30-45 seconds.
- Cook bacon on griddle 3-4 minutes on each side, if desired, until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Place cooked bacon next to pancakes for “baseball bats.” If desired, drizzle syrup onto pancakes to make baseball stitching
Fulgoni VL, Keast DR, Quann EE, Auestad N. Food sources of calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D, and potassium in the U.S. The FASEB Journal. 2010;24:325.1.
Find more nutritious recipes visit milklife.com.
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- What Moms Need to Know About Summer Nutrition for Kids - June 14, 2017
- Home Run Pancakes Recipe - June 14, 2017
- Fun Activity: Paint Designs with Tape - May 30, 2017