Give brunch a sweet spin with these Carrot Cake Waffles, which feature a decadent maple cream cheese drizzle.
- 2 cups all purpose baking mix
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Butter Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup 100 Percent Pure Maple Syrup
- Heat waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine baking mix, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Whisk in milk, oil and egg until fully incorporated. Fold in pecans, raisins and carrot.
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of batter onto iron for each waffle.
- Cook 6-8 minutes, or until waffle is golden brown.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and syrup until fully incorporated.
- Drizzle over waffles. Serve immediately.
Tip: Waffles can be placed in a re-sealable bag, frozen up to three months and reheated in toaster.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- 5 Tips for Throwing an Epic Easter Brunch on a Budget - April 8, 2017
- Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe - April 7, 2017
- Unicorn Easter Eggs: How to Dye Easter Eggs More Than 40 Custom Colors - April 7, 2017