As millions of families across the country prepare to share holiday meals together, sometimes all it takes to perfect those revered moments is a twist on a timeless classic.
While it may be true that no holiday dinner is complete without the green bean casserole – a classic festive favorite – your guests could fall in love with a new take on tradition. This time around, try shaking things up with bacon and cheddar.
With Bacon and Cheddar Green Bean Casserole all you have to do is make a couple of simple tweaks to add that new flavor to the holiday menu.
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (about 6 tablespoons), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained
- 2-2/3 cups crispy fried onions, divided
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In 3-quart baking dish, stir soup, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, 5 tablespoons bacon, black pepper, green beans and 1 1/3 cups onions.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling; stir. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, onions and bacon.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until onions are golden brown.
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- What Moms Need to Know About Summer Nutrition for Kids - June 14, 2017
- Home Run Pancakes Recipe - June 14, 2017
- Fun Activity: Paint Designs with Tape - May 30, 2017