Watermelon is a source of antioxidants and vitamins, and has more lycopene than any other raw fruit or vegetable. Serve a sweet treat with your turkey with this recipe for Watermelon Cranberry Sauce.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups minced watermelon
- In 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, heat cranberries, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until simmering. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add maple syrup and cinnamon to pan. Simmer another few minutes.
- Remove from heat to rest 10 minutes. Stir in watermelon and serve warm, or chill and serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of watermelon.org
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- 5 Tips for Throwing an Epic Easter Brunch on a Budget - April 8, 2017
- Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe - April 7, 2017
- Unicorn Easter Eggs: How to Dye Easter Eggs More Than 40 Custom Colors - April 7, 2017