My kids love rice. I love rice. I mean who doesn’t love rice? While I typically only cook brown rice, I thought it was time to go one step further and provide an even healthier alternative to basic rice. I’ve used cauliflower to make faux mashed potatoes (which were delish, by the way), but never tried making rice out of the vegetable. Until now. And wow. It’s so good! I thought it would be too sweet, because I find cooked cauliflower is a bit sweeter than the raw version, but it wasn’t! It looks like just rice or couscous and tastes very mild, allowing the flavors of your dish to stand out. I served it with fish, but you can use it in any number of dishes. I’m thinking a stir fry is the next dish to try it in. Hope you enjoy cauliflower rice too!
- 1 head of cauliflower, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Trim cauliflower florets, cutting the stems off.
- In two batches, put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice/couscous.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil to skillet.
- Add cauliflower to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Remove from heat, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Kellie S (see all)
- 7 Tasty & Healthy Road Trip Snacks For Kids - May 22, 2017
- 6 Cleaning Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier - April 10, 2017
- What is Breast Milk Jewelry and Keepsake Jewelry Anyway? - April 2, 2017