From the celebrity on TV to your coworker at the watercooler, everyone is talking about turmeric. That’s because scientific evidence has been building around the potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties, of curcumin, a compound in turmeric. These six tempting recipes – from a morning shake to baked chicken – will quickly make turmeric the new star of your spice cabinet.
- Chocolate Banana Shake with Turmeric and Cinnamon – Take breakfast to go with a scrumptious shake made with a turmeric cocoa spice blend, roasted pistachios, frozen bananas and sweet dates.
- Creamy Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – This cozy classic balances the sweet and savory flavors of coconut milk and butternut squash.
- Turmeric Vinaigrette – Add earthy goodness to an everyday salad with this simple vinaigrette, made with turmeric, ginger, honey and sea salt.
- Creamy Turmeric Dip – Turmeric, sea salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and low-fat yogurt come together for a tasty dip that’s ready in just 5 minutes. Pack with vegetables and pita chips and take to work for a mid-afternoon snack.
- Honey Mustard Turmeric Chicken – Take baked chicken up a notch with a twist on everyone’s favorite sweet and tangy honey mustard marinade.
- Golden Turmeric Milk – Combine coconut milk, turmeric, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to make this popular pick-me-up beverage.
Recipes courtesy of McCormick.com
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- 5 Tips for Throwing an Epic Easter Brunch on a Budget - April 8, 2017
- Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe - April 7, 2017
- Unicorn Easter Eggs: How to Dye Easter Eggs More Than 40 Custom Colors - April 7, 2017