I love fresh green beans. Really, I love green beans in general, but when they’re fresh they’re even better. I like this sauteed green bean recipe because it’s so simple and allows the beans to speak for themselves. I add just a little garlic, but if you like more then go nuts! I also like the green beans cooked two different ways: 1) I like them cooked, but still crisp; 2) I like to cook them way down until they are wilted. Either way is delicious and really comes down to personal preference. Regardless of how you cook them, they’re sure to be delish because, well, they’re green beans!
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet/frying pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet.
- Add green beans and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until softened but still crisp.