At our house, every Friday night is pizza night! BUT, we don’t buy it. Oh no, we’ve turned pizza night into a tradition where we make our own pizzas. Not only do we look forward to it all week and have a blast making our own pizzas, but they’re also SO much more delicious than any we could buy at the local pizza joint.
The beauty of making your own pizza is that you can add whatever ingredients you want to create the perfect pizza for each person. We typically make two pizzas, each with different ingredients, or, as you can see in this image, I’ll often make one of the pizzas with different ingredients on each half (I happen to love spinach on my pizza). Options galore!
You can use store-bought pizza dough, however it’s even better if you make your own! And, you’d be surprised how simple it is to make your own pizza dough. Get the best pizza dough recipe here.
Turn the tradition of pizza night into more than waiting on the delivery guy – turn it into a family event where everyone joins in the fun of making pizzas from scratch!
- Pizza dough (get the recipe here)
- 6 oz pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite toppings, such as pepperoni, spinach, black olives, bell peppers, onions...whatever you like!
- Corn meal
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place pizza stone in over while it preheats. (If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a round cookie sheet, but do not put in the over yet.)
- Make the dough according recipe.
- Roll out pizza dough until it's about 1/4" thick and in your desired size.
- Remove pizza stone from oven and sprinkle corn meal on it.
- Carefully place pizza dough on pizza stone.
- -If you are using a cookie sheet, turn it upside down and sprinkle with corn meal, then place rolled out pizza dough on it.
- Put into oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until it's just beginning to brown lightly.
- Remove from oven and put marinara, basil, garlic powder, cheese, and your toppings on it.
- Place back in oven and bake until cheese melts and starts to bubble, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting.
- DIG IN!
Latest posts by Kellie S (see all)
- 7 Tasty & Healthy Road Trip Snacks For Kids - May 22, 2017
- 6 Cleaning Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier - April 10, 2017
- What is Breast Milk Jewelry and Keepsake Jewelry Anyway? - April 2, 2017