This recipe has been a family favorite for generations. It's absolutely delicious!
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 stick Oleo (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat butter, oleo, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and salt; fold into wet mixture.
- Stir in almond and lemon extracts.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done (toothpick inserted should come out clean)
Recipe courtesy of Carol Schmidt
(Image via Flickr by Lindsey Turner)
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- 5 Tips for Throwing an Epic Easter Brunch on a Budget - April 8, 2017
- Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe - April 7, 2017
- Unicorn Easter Eggs: How to Dye Easter Eggs More Than 40 Custom Colors - April 7, 2017