Green Beans with Pecans
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans
- 1 cup chopped pecans (not too small)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add beans and cover.
- Cook about 15 minutes until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, brown pecans lightly in butter in a small saucepan for 3 to 4 minutes over low heat.
- Drain beans; return saucepan to heat and shake gently to drive off excess moisture.
- Add pecans, sugar, salt, and pepper; toss gently to mix.
- Let mellow over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Carol Schmidt
(Image via Flickr by Jenny Hones)
Latest posts by Hooray For Moms - staff sourced (see all)
- What Moms Need to Know About Summer Nutrition for Kids - June 14, 2017
- Home Run Pancakes Recipe - June 14, 2017
- Fun Activity: Paint Designs with Tape - May 30, 2017
Please share, follow and like us: